Sunday, May 31, 2009

Be Relevant

Okay, we're 1 day into this quest, and we've already begun to execute our first strategy...be relevant. What do I mean by that? Well...I figure that if people are going to follow me, I'd better provide some reason for them to. I don't have a lot of confidence that people will follow me just because I want them to (it didn't work with the girls in high school, it's not going to work now). I'd better keep my 'signal to noise' ratio rather high, and try not to post boring, worthless trash. (Hey, I think I have a hang-nail...hold on...there that's better) Like I said, be relevant.

I think it's okay to post whatever you want to represent. It can be funny, targeted, advertorial, or whatever, just keep it real. So, how's that strategy working so far? Let's find out...

Followers: 18
Following: 12
Updates: 102
Rank: 913,905th

Woohoo! I cracked the glass ceiling and got into the top million! In your FACE! Wait...too early to celebrate. It's better to be on the short side of the million mark, but we have a LOOOOONG way to go. Still, it's progress. And, we BLEW past over a million users, so we should feel pretty good.

I went from 3 followers to 18. So, how do we interpret that? If we said I improved 6x, then carrying the same improvement each day, I will reach my goal in 5 more days! On the other hand, if I say we gained 15 followers, then I will reach my goal almost 2 years from now. I've got a pocket full of Monopoly money that says it won't be the former, but I'm hoping it won't be the latter either. Time will tell.

As always....Follow me on Twitter! twitter.com/campbed

Don

No comments:

Post a Comment